Creamy Bow Tie Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended. Gradually add the milk, broth and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 196 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 21, 2019
So good. I added chicken and broccoli and made it a main dish. Easy with ingredients I normally have.
Jan 20, 2018
Great side dish easy and tasty perfect for two
Dec 3, 2017
it was nice but I don't know if I would have doubled the sauce as suggested...
Dec 16, 2016
I've been searching for a good pasta side dish to have in my recipe box. I made this recipe last week and it was surprisingly delicious. As I started getting the ingredients together I realized it wasn't going to make much so I doubled the recipe. I followed the recipe exactly. I may have added a little ground pepper which I believe someone mentioned in their review. It was simple to make and when it was done I thought the parmesan cheese was going to be to powerful and make it taste bad. I was surprised to find it actually tasted really great. Sometimes internet recipes are hit or miss but this was a hit. I really liked the kick the red pepper flakes gave. I will definitely make this again and recommend it to others.
Jul 4, 2016
I quadrupled the recipe, and added quite a bit more chicken broth then the recipe called for to thin the sauce. I also served the pasta over a bed of wilted arugula. This gave the dish the kick it needed without adding garlic powder or pepper.
Nov 5, 2015
my family really liked this. will definat ly make again
Oct 5, 2015
Needs a bit more flavor. I will make some additions like garlic powder and maybe some coarse ground pepper. I enjoy the kick the red pepper flakes give it though.
Aug 3, 2014
Great side for many meals - nice 'n creamy, great flavors.
Jul 24, 2014
I have made this several times. It's a great side dish and makes just enough for 2.
Apr 14, 2014
I made this according to the recipe I just doubled it to make enough for my family and it was bland. It did not have enough of a flavor. I added some garlic salt and pepper it was better.