Creamy Vegetable Bow Tie Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dip
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in broth; cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dip, cheese, parsley, basil and salt; stir into skillet and heat through. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 253 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 15, 2016
Very good! I had to do some improvising as I didn't have mushrooms and the asparagus I bought at Aldi's was gross when I opened the package, so I just added some extra zucchini. We had it as our main course and even though I don't like the idea of Meatless Monday meals, I must admit this was a very hearty meal served with sliced tomatoes, a salad and one of my homemade oatmeal dinner rolls. It was quick and easy and made a big skillet full meaning my hubby and I get to enjoy it again another night this week--perhaps as a side dish this time.
Jun 21, 2016
Is this a cold salad or hot?
Aug 26, 2015
I really enjoyed this dish and served it with grilled salmon. The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms and slightly increase the zucchini.
Jan 5, 2010
Made this for dinner, my 2 year old actually ate her entire plate (minus the mushrooms, which she is not a fan of), hubby loved it. It was good over all. i think next time I'm going to leave the mushrooms out, they have to strong of a taste, didn't blend well to me.