Chicken Bow Tie Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, cheese, basil, pepper and salt; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without additional cheese): 430 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 18, 2012
Love it!! I always add extra garlic!
May 6, 2012
the 40 minute time is a bit optimistic, it assumes you have a pot of water boiled already for the pasta the chicken is already cooked. I wish recipes would assume I am starting from uncooked stuff, so the times are more realistic. It's a very good dish, even with regular parmesan cheese and reheats very well for leftovers.
Mar 28, 2012
Delicious and easy! My entire family loved it!
Mar 20, 2012
This was simple and fast to make and tasted delicious. My husband and I both loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.