Creamy Pasta Rags
This skillet meal was born out of necessity on a busy weeknight. I pulled together a package of turkey sausage links, lasagna noodles and a bag of frozen peas and went to work. —Amy Freeze, Avon Park, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles (about 10 noodles), broken into 2-in. pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links (about 1 pound), casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook broken noodles according to package directions for al dente. Drain; rinse with water and drain again. Toss with oil to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage with onion over medium-high until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking up sausage into 3/4-in. pieces. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in peas, pepper and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Stir in noodles.
- Serve immediately. If desired, serve with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 386 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Pasta Rags in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.