Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinara sauce
- Place spinach and parsley in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add 3-1/2 cups flour and salt; process until blended. Add the eggs, water and oil. Process until dough forms a ball, 15-20 seconds.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into fourths.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion to 1/16-in. thickness. Dust top of dough with flour to prevent sticking; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate the slices; allow noodles to dry on kitchen towels for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- To cook, fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles in batches; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without sauce): 259 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 3, 2014
Question BEFORE I make this. Does it really take fresh pasta 8-10 minutes to cook? Wouldn't it be overcooked at that length? Thanks for input.
Aug 10, 2012
food processor was too small for that much flour & I am no novice(76 yrs) I know how to make homemade noodles I have never seen noodles that you have to add so much flour to so they don't stick to your hands such a mess in the food processor!!!!! they had better be delicious!!!!!! rotten recipe
Feb 17, 2012
I fully understand why this recipe was rated 5 stars before we added our rating! Delicious!!
Feb 13, 2012
This recipe came together very easy. I added some garlic pepper and a little extra salt when adding the flour. I baked chicken with marinara sauce on top and served the chicken on top of the noodles. Very good and fairly easy (a bit time consuming). I will make this again. The best part is the nutritional info and the fact it has a good dose of fiber in it.