Pasta with Fresh Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh plum tomatoes
- 5 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add the garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broccoli, squash, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 8, 2016
Same question as a previous reviewer. How are the veggie supposed to boil? I don't se any liquids mentioned except for 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Jun 1, 2016
I don't understand what is supposed to boil? There is no liquid in this recipe. Can someone please help?
Feb 24, 2015
This is a very quick recipe and you can really use whatever veggies that you like. I omitted the tomatoes all together since my boys do not like them. It's a very colourful and tasty dish and I will be making this again.
Aug 3, 2014
This was a really good recipe everyoine loved it.Parboiled the tomatoes to remove skins.
Jul 6, 2010
This was so delicious! I left out the green pepper, and simmered the ingredients for only a few minutes since we like our veggies crisp-tender. I used fresh herbs from my very first herb garden, and it was so good! I also omitted the parmesan cheese, and used about 1/4 of the noodles because the veggies were so good on their own.
Jul 9, 2009
This is a wonderful dish! My kids loved it. I would add more oregano next time. Leftovers are good cold as a salad.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.