Stir-Fried Veggies with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, leek, zucchini, peppers and beans in hot olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; add to the vegetable mixture. Drizzle with sesame oil. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, salt, chili powder and ginger. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 210 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 29, 2016
Delicious! I added broccoli and carrots and bean sprouts; and used tortellini for the pasta.Such a versatile recipe! Thank you, Tracy, for sharing this recipe.
Jul 23, 2015
We thought this was very good. I ended up using elbow macaroni because my rotini was spoken for in another recipe later in the week, but the elbows worked fine. The only thing I would change is that next time, I will double the seasonings. The flavor seemed just a little timid. We ended up adding soy sauce to our portions. But I think the additional seasonings will make the flavor difference next time.
Jul 16, 2008
sounds deklish will try this
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.