Parmesan Snap Pea Pasta
My family loves pasta! This simple dish is always a hit, especially during the spring when sugar snap peas are the sweetest. To keep us from getting in a rut, I change up the flavors. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas (about 5 cups), trimmed
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 16 cups water to a boil. Add peas; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Using a strainer, remove peas from pot.
- In same pot, add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water; return to pot. Toss with 3 tablespoons oil.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in peas; heat through.
- Toss with pasta, adding 1 cup cheese and reserved cooking water as desired. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.