Parmesan Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 7-9 minutes or until no longer pink. Add 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; remove from pan. In same pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add squash; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and garlic until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add chicken, squash and sauce; heat through, stirring to combine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 528 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Jun 10, 2018
Grandkids love this one with or without veggies.
Sep 6, 2017
Great, easy and quick recipe! The only change I made was to do everything in one pan--I saut?ed the chicken, removed it to a bowl, then did the same with the squash, moving it to the same bowl with the chicken and then made the sauce right in the pan in which I had saut?ed the squash and chicken. I think the pan juices made the sauce even tastier!
Oct 11, 2016
I loved this recipe and can't wait to carry some to my daughter and her husband. They will love it. The sauce is great and of course the squash or zucchini (I used zucchini) is very tasty also. I gave it five stars. Will make again.
Aug 25, 2016
The sauce was wonderful! I also loved that this helps me use up some of my summer squash bounty!
Aug 13, 2015
I thought this was a great recipe. Quick and easily left open to use my imagination (or what I have in the fridge). I too used both yellow squash and zucchini. I diced and added a small amount of red sweet bell pepper for color. Nice.
Aug 11, 2015
Highly recommend! This was a very simple recipe, the sauce was awesome, and the squash (I used both yellow squash and zucchini) made for a delicious summer meal. My husband and two small children loved it. The only change I made, aside from adding in the zucchini, was saut?ing the garlic in the butter a minute or two until it was fragrant before mixing in the flour. I will definitely be making this one again!
Jun 24, 2015
I cut this recipe in half, easily done, and exchanged the yellow summer squash with zucchini mainly to add color to an otherwise colorless dish. I also added some diced pimiento for color. There is something about actual color, visually, that enhances the pleasure of eating.
Jun 11, 2015
Good easy recipe, I thought there was a bit too much raw garlic flavor for my liking. Should have cooked the garlic in the butter a little more before adding the flour as the other review suggested.
Jun 3, 2015
This was very nice, needs a little cayenne or spice but everyone would enjoy. I cooked the garlic in the butter before l added the flour.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.