Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 489 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Feb 4, 2018
Didn't care for the combination of gorgonzola and sage in this recipe. I added broccoli to this, and used more broth in place of the wine. I liked how quick it was to make, but not the taste.
Sep 17, 2017
This gets 5 stars AFTER some tweaking. In place of the gorgonzola I used herbed feta, crumbled. We like the sharpness of the feta minus the vomity taste of blue cheese. Not being a fan of sage I used 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves instead. Adding 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced thickly, was a must as my husband could make a meal on just mushrooms. I used about 1 3/4 lbs of chicken instead of 1 lb because I felt that 1 lb for 8 servings was a bit skimpy on the chicken. We actually got 6 servings, not 8. At the very end after turning off the heat, throughout it I stirred 1 Tb of butter and 3 slices of bacon cut in a very small dice and fried crisp.
Apr 3, 2017
Not for my family. I love gorgonzola, but not this recipe.
Feb 21, 2017
This was yummy! I scaled down the gorgonzola -per reviews- to 5 oz (one container) and honestly would have liked the full 8 oz! But I really like gorgonzola!! I added a chopped roma tomato and recommend it. Even my picky husband liked it!
May 9, 2016
Gorgonzola cheese is too strong a flavor
Mar 18, 2016
This was amazing! My only changes were half&half and dried sage, as this is what I had on hand. I used the full amount of gorgonzola, and it was delicious!
Mar 6, 2016
If I could give this zero stars I would. It was too overpowered by the cheese and was not edible for my family. I'm usually very good at making recipes this was A complete waste of time and money .
Jan 10, 2016
Just made this and it was so yummy!! Boyfriend loved it too. Definitely recommend if you feel like eating a hearty rich cheesy delicious meal. Next time I will cut back on the gorgonzola just a bit, maybe 6 instead of 8 ounces. Thanks for the recipe!
Dec 1, 2015
Loved it! I used Vermouth instead of opening a new bottle of wine, and I substituted with fresh mozzarella. Cheesy, Creamy Goodness. Yum!!
Oct 20, 2015
Ooo, this is our kind of a pasta/chicken dish, sine we love pasta, & any kind of blue cheese! I used (whole wheat) penne 'rigati', since the little ridges on the pasta help the sauce stick to it. I substituted half & half for whipping cream, in order to keep down some of the fat calories. I had Chardonnay wine on hand, so I used that. The fresh sage (which is my favorite herb) added a lovely flavor and aroma to this dish, and the grated cheeses paired very nicely with this dish. I used 2 cloves of finely minced garlic, and lower sodium chicken broth.... and my dish was still very delicious. I served it with a garden salad and garlic bread. I'll definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.