Lemon-Basil Bow Ties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn or thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add basil; toss to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until basil is wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 302 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 17, 2017
My granddaughters live this pasta. I found it too dry the first time I made it so now I double everything except the padta.
Mar 17, 2017
So good! I would absolutely add this to the dinner rotation. Everyone ate it, including seconds, and no one complained about the green stuff in it. The flavors were amazing, especially with a little feta. Yum!
Aug 14, 2015
It was ok. Kind of ordinary. I would make again - but only as a weeknight dinner with the family. I would add even more basil and maybe even more lemon.
Jul 15, 2015
Light and refreshing.
Jul 5, 2015
Good but pretty plain. I'd probably add something more to it next time.
Jun 23, 2015
A little bland,
Jun 8, 2013
This is very good. I love the marriage of all the flavors. This is superb with the Blackened Chicken.
Aug 26, 2012
very fresh, light and perfect with the shrimp I made. I may have added a little too much salt but it was very good regardless.