Bow Tie Seafood Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes32 (1-cup) servings
- 3 pounds uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the crab, shrimp, celery, onions and green pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, salt, dill and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2015
This salad was absolutely delicious. I was a little nervous about the dill, but it was perfect! I used radiatore because I like how the sauce gets in the little grooves, and I did a red pepper instead of green. This salad is HUGE, though. I had to use a punch bowl to hold it all, and it made so much that all 12 of my bunco group ladies took home some to go. I would suggest cutting the recipe in half and probably just adding more seafood if that gets hard to divide. This is definitely a keeper!!
Jun 30, 2014
I have been making this for several years .Everyone loves it!!!!!
Dec 6, 2013
Love this. Make it all the time for pot lucks. For just family I halve the recipe.
Jan 3, 2012
I have made this many times and everyone raves about it...after the first time though, I substituted macaroni for the bow tie, as the bow tie pasta breaks apart. Great for a crowd...I absolutely love it!!!
Sep 22, 2011
I also halved the pasta but added olives. Was really good. It was a huge hit with the family.
Jul 10, 2009
We like a lot of 'stuff' in the pasta. So for a prep for 6 I used a full recipe for all the ingredients plus I added yellow pepper that I had on hand and I halved the pasta. Nice, light result. I used low fat mayo and would use less pickle relish next time. It came across a little strong.
Mar 24, 2009