Bow Ties with Gorgonzola Sauce
The name may sound fancy, but this pasta dish is comforting and simple to prepare. Add a mixed green salad to make it a complete meal for any occasion. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt and lemon pepper. Add cheese sauce, sausage and spinach to hot pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 475 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Bow ties with a Gorgonzola Cheese sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016