Bow Tie & Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add beans, vegetables, cheese, olives and basil to pasta. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 319 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 22, 2020
I gave this a 1 star only because I haven't tried it yet. I can't figure out how this and many other of the recipes can be for diabetes. I thought that pasta, potatoes, bread, rice,etc..are big no-one's. At least that's what my Doctor has been telling me. Some of these I could actually enjoy. Including yours.
Mar 31, 2018
Prepared this for a large crowd with several picky eaters, but I still received many compliments. I did eliminate the olives, knowing this crowd would probably shy away from that ingredient. I didn't have quite enough red pepper, so I used orange pepper, as well. It just made for a more colorful salad for our Easter meal. I used Russian dressing because I couldn't find sundried tomato dressing. Curious to know where other cooks found the dressing and what brand?
May 27, 2017
My husband and I could not get enough of this! So tasty! Loved everything about it. We served with grilled chicken on the side.
May 24, 2016
Delicious. I added shrimp to mine and it was a complete meal.
Apr 6, 2015
Great for a large crowd. Next time, I would leave the olives out. Otherwise, it was a great salad.