Horseradish Spinach Salad
Every time I serve this fresh spinach salad, I’m asked for the recipe. Everyone enjoys the zesty dressing, bacon pieces and toasted pecans. It’s so easy and impressive.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes10 servings (1-1/4 cups dressing)
- 3/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and sour cream; cover and process until smooth. Add the sugar, vinegar, horseradish, mustard and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, toss spinach with pecans and bacon. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 163 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Tycoon Salad in Country Extra May 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.