Tasty Turkey Skillet
I like using boxed rice and pasta mixes to jump-start quick meals. This colorful dish is simple to cook on the stovetop using fried rice mix, tender turkey and convenient frozen vegetables. —Betty Kleberger, Florissant, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice. In the same skillet, saute rice in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the water, cayenne and contents of seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the corn, broccoli, red pepper if desired and turkey. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the rice and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes.