Tasty Turkey Skillet
I like using boxed rice and pasta mixes as the basis for quick meals. This colorful dish is simple to cook on the stovetop using fried rice mix, tender turkey and convenient frozen vegetables. —Betty Kleberger, Florissant, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice. In the same skillet, saute rice in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the water, cayenne and contents of seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the corn, broccoli, red pepper if desired and turkey. Return to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer until the rice and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 351 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Tasty Turkey Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.