Tangy Turkey Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 turkey breast cutlets (2 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Marsala wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute turkey in 2 tablespoons oil in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in parsley. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts2 piece: 355 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Nov 27, 2014
Delicious, I have also made it using boneless chicken tenderloins. I used white wine instead of the additional broth.
Oct 28, 2014
Really yummy!! I also made it with thinly sliced pork as I couldn't find turkey cutlets. They pan fried beautifully with little crispy edges, and the sauce was really savory and tasty. I ended up adding a touch of flour to thicken it. The Marsala wine can be found at any grocery store in the cooking aisle where you would find vinegar, sherry, etc. It's worth using!
Apr 26, 2011
Absolutely awesome !!!
Mar 15, 2011
Terrific recipe. Usually use the extra chicken broth instead of wine. Because it is difficult to find the turkey cutlets, I have made this using thinly sliced pork loin chops also. My whole family enjoys this recipe.
Jan 19, 2009
The whole family loved it. I didn't have Marsala but used a white wine and it was delish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.