- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cubed
- 4 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups each frozen peas and corn
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onions in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil in batches; place over the vegetables. Sprinkle with flour.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the vinegar, ketchup, horseradish, mustard and sugar; pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Add the peas, corn and mushrooms. Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
1-1/2 cups: 334 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.