Tangy Beef Turnovers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets; pinch seams to seal. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring corners to the center and pinch to seal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 18, 2012
My husband loves these. I made them for a family get together and everyone thought they were great. My sister suggested to save time, just assemble and bake whole in a 9x13 pan instead of assembling the individual portions.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.