Tangy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Spoon 3/4 cup onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 348 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2016
This was real good, simple, reheated great. To stretch the leftovers even more, I mixed in some Bush's beans (Southwest Pit Barbecue flavor). This would be great over pasta, or wrapped in a tortilla!
Mar 18, 2016
Absolutely fabulous. Only tweak was I used 1/2 cup of ketchup instead of 1/4 cup.
May 5, 2012
loved the tangy/sweet taste!
Jan 5, 2012
This is a good recipe. Quick like it says and easy! It's really just Sloppy Joe's though. I was hoping for a different flavor, but my family still enjoyed it and I'll probably make it again.
Jan 17, 2011
Loved it! Only thing I did differently was use green pepper instead of celery. Will definitely be making this again!
Jul 8, 2009
these are YUM-O!!!made them yesterday for the 1st time - will definately make them again. didn't change anything - perfect as is.
Feb 5, 2009