Tangy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Spoon 3/4 cup onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 348 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jun 2, 2016
This was real good, simple, reheated great. To stretch the leftovers even more, I mixed in some Bush's beans (Southwest Pit Barbecue flavor). This would be great over pasta, or wrapped in a tortilla!
Mar 18, 2016
Absolutely fabulous. Only tweak was I used 1/2 cup of ketchup instead of 1/4 cup.
May 5, 2012
loved the tangy/sweet taste!
Jan 5, 2012
This is a good recipe. Quick like it says and easy! It's really just Sloppy Joe's though. I was hoping for a different flavor, but my family still enjoyed it and I'll probably make it again.
Jan 17, 2011
Loved it! Only thing I did differently was use green pepper instead of celery. Will definitely be making this again!
Jul 8, 2009
these are YUM-O!!!made them yesterday for the 1st time - will definately make them again. didn't change anything - perfect as is.
Feb 5, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.