Tangy Tomato Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer onion, red pepper and mushrooms over pork chops.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until pork is tender. Serve with noodles if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 403 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Aug 2, 2013
We liked this a lot. I skipped the red pepper and mushrooms (not in my taste pallet) If you want some kick try diced tomatoes with green chiles (rotel, etc.) It's YUMMY
Aug 21, 2011
This was excellent! I used a boneless pork loin and sliced it into 6 pieces, about an inch thick. I used Grill Mates Garlic and Onion seasoning on them instead of the salt and pepper. I also just sprayed the pan with Pam instead of using oil to brown them. Followed the rest of the recipe and cooked for 8 hours. Seved over noodles. It reheated great too! Will definately make again. I'm not sure why the other person only cooked for 6 hours?
Aug 13, 2011
Tried this recipe last night. Didn't have enough pork chops so I used some boneless chicken breasts. It was great! Served it with baked potatoes and put some of the sauce over the potatoes. Will definitely make this again. I plan to use it for an easy company dinner, especially in the summer when it is too hot to use the oven.
Mar 12, 2011
It's very hard to find a variety of slow cooker meals that we all can enjoy. When my boyfriend said he liked this one, I knew we had a keeper!! A couple of things I did a little different: I used canned tomatoes from the garden, and long grain wild rice for the bed. Definetly an easy weeknight meal for me to finish up after a long day at work! Thanks again!
Feb 8, 2011
I used Butterfly (boneless) chops instead. Meat was very tender and extremely tasty. My family loved this recipe and it will become a family favorite. Thank you Taste of Home!
Jan 3, 2011
I would definitely not make this recipe again!!! There was absolutely no flavor to this meal. The tomatoes still had that metallic taste after cooking for 6 hrs, and and the onions didn't cook down at all.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.