Tangy Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes, optional
- Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with pepper. Add the onions, celery, green pepper and tomatoes. Combine the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and bouillon; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 30 minutes. If desired, serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 349 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Dec 2, 2019
OH this was absolutely horrible. I followed directions exactly and this had no taste, the pork chops were so overdone and we ended up cleaning all the tomatoes, pepper and onions off the chops and gave it to the dogs. This was just bland and no tangy taste whatsoever.
Oct 20, 2017
I have been making this recipe for years, and everyone in my house ( 4 now teen boys) is thrilled when they smell it cooking. They love the sweet/tangy taste, and request it often. Best part is that it's SOOOOO easy to make!! This will remain a staple in my meal plan for the foreseeable future. Love it!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2017
I fixed this and everyone loved it!!
Jan 14, 2017
Neither my husband or I were impressed by this recipe. He does not like "all that junk" on his meat. It is too hard to eat. I will not make these again. I had to add extra corn starch to thicken the sauce.
Jan 5, 2017
I have used this recipe for years and loved it. We serve it over rice and it is great comfort food on a cold winter night! I found that we like it better made with pork steak but really enjoy regular pork chops also.
Sep 11, 2016
I did not care for this at all. I followed the recipe exactly, but the finished dish had a strong vinegar taste. I would not make this again nor would I recommend it.I reheated the leftovers after a few days in the refrigerator and it was better. The strong vinegar taste has gone away and the flavors have blended a little better. It was ok but not great.
Aug 16, 2016
Flavor was good, but the pork chops were overdone.
Dec 27, 2015
Make them all the time,we loved them
Jun 3, 2015
The pork chops turned out pretty tough, but it was really good.
Feb 1, 2015
We won't be making this one again. The pork chops were still somewhat tough after cooking for the allotted time. The flavors weren't interesting enough either. My husband and I agreed that this was not a keeper.