Savory Beer Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and beer; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 4-6 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Freeze option:Place pork chops in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring sauce and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 239 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 9, 2019
Oh my gosh we really liked this recipe and we will prepare it again! So easy, simple ingredients on hand. I did add powdered garlic and chili flakes. Hubby really raves over this one!!
Dec 5, 2018
These were great and even my tots liked them. I dredged them in flour, also, with sazon tropical seasoning. Added sliced baby reds amd some onion to it. I ised yuengling for the beer. Coming fresh hot out the pot, they are juicy and tender.
Jul 30, 2018
THIS dish was awesome ?? easy and good! ONE ??? hint: dredge your chops in flour before searing food then follow recipe! Recommend serving with fresh sauce steamed rice ??! MEat ?? comes out with a great sauce
May 1, 2018
I made this with 6 boneless pork chops instead of 4 and had leftovers. The first time we ate these we felt that the pork was tough. I put the leftover pork and sauce in a ziplock bag. When cooking the leftovers, I dumped the contents of the ziplock bag into a frying pan, covered it and cooked it over a low heat, 30 minutes each side like I do for another pork recipe which produces a very tender piece of meat. In the future, I will season and brown the recipe and then do the low and slow method because we loved it the way it produced a nice tender and flavorful pork chop.
Feb 28, 2018
This was a big hit with the whole family. The pork chops were moist and flavorful. A definite keeper!
Oct 21, 2017
These had good flavor & were tender. Next time I will use 1/4 c beer instead of 3/4. I used Beck's beer.Volunteer Field Editor
May 9, 2017
These were pretty good, for pork chops. I used the recipe as a starting point only, since we did not have any beer. Instead I prepared it with BBQ sauce and peach-pecan flavored whiskey. DH liked it so I'll probably make it again sometime.
Mar 3, 2017
Double the sauce! Easy meal and good with mashed potato boats or rice.
Feb 20, 2017
Whole family approved!!! I thickened the sauce with some cornstarch. It was the perfect amount of sweet. So easy & quick to make.
Feb 20, 2017
Delicious, as promised. Easy to cut down or double; I covered them while cooking, to be sure to preserve the moisture.