Curry Turkey Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Mix first seven ingredients and, if desired, pepper flakes. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry red pepper until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry until tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup turkey mixture with 1/2 cup rice: 287 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 17, 2011
Very good. I think next time we might just leave out a little curry and cilantro, and kick up more of the asian flavors instead of indian. Still, VERY good.
Apr 20, 2010
I substituted chicken breast for turkey, because it was on sale. This was a quick and easy meal. I had all the meat cooked and ingredients combined in the time it took to finish cooking the rice. Overall a good level of heat and curry flavor.
Apr 11, 2010
Really easy to make and very yummy! We added bean sprouts and carrots and used shrimp instead of turkey. Would definitely make again!
Mar 28, 2010
I cooked this meal for my husband any myself. I didn't have turkey on hand so I used chicken breast instead. It was very easy to make and we had almost everything on hand. It does take a little more time than suggested as you have to cook your meat and the brown rice first. Overall, this was a great dish and we really enjoyed it! :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.