Spicy Turkey Stir Fry with Noodles
I created this ground turkey stir-fry recipe when I began my journey to get fit. Healthy eating always sounds so bland and boring, so I wanted to bring life to the world of healthy eating. I think I did it with this spicy dish. —Jermell Clark, Desert Hot Springs, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time 30 min.
- 2 ounces thick rice noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- Thai peanut sauce, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey, onion, cabbage and kale over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender 8-10 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles.
- Drain noodles; add to skillet. Stir in parsley, coconut oil, pepper and salt. Serve with green onions, jalapeno, chili sauce and if desired, peanut sauce.