Turkey Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with carrots, onion and garlic powder over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Break up noodles and add to skillet; stir in contents of seasoning packets and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 297 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Mar 22, 2018
Bursting with flavor this dish has now become a staple on our dinner table!
Mar 19, 2018
Very good! I made a few variations to the recipe. I used a 16 ounce bag of shredded cabbage, and teriyaki marinade because I had a little left in a bottle to use. I also had ground beef so used that instead. And because I didn't want that many peas I used what I had left of a frozen bag of mixed vegetables. I used oriental flavored ramen. I will make it again!
Feb 28, 2018
Delicious! I skipped the peas; instead, I used some tri-color bell peppers. Used fresh Chinese noodles instead of raman. Passed some Sriracha sauce at the table. It's a keeper!!!
Feb 22, 2018
This recipe was quick and easy. I made a few changes in order to use items I had on hand: instead of 6 cups of shredded cabbage, I used a 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix. This had shredded carrots in it, but I still used the sliced carrots called for in the recipe. Also, I cooked the ground turkey, carrots, onion and garlic powder in about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. One last thing I added was 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, which I think gives it an authentic Asian flavor .... also, the ramen noodles I used were the oriental flavored. I will surely make this again ... maybe add a can of drained bean sprouts the next time! 5 stars for sure!
Jan 16, 2015
My 12 year old boys loved this! It is a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Jul 5, 2012
So simple and easy to make. Delisious!!!
Aug 11, 2010
This is so quick and delicious. I buy the pre-shredded carrots and a bag of cole slaw mix in the produce section. What could be easier? I also omit the oil. The turkey browns nicely without it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.