Shrimp Lo Mein
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Dash blackened seasoning
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, garlic and blackened seasoning; set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry celery and carrot in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, broccoli and cashews; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine; stir into skillet. Add shrimp and pineapple; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 21, 2017
Delicious and easy to make. Hubby liked it; kids were meh. So I'll definitely make it again.
Feb 25, 2012
I thought it would be weird to put so much ketchup in the recipe, but tried it anyway and it turned out pretty good. I added more cashews than the recipe called for, just because the hubby likes them. I used fresh pineapple chunks instead of canned and it ended up not tasting right. It was way too tangy for the rest of the recipe. Next time I will try the canned pineapple or omit it altogether.
Nov 10, 2011
Amazing! I used chicken instead of shrimp and it was delicious! I will make it again.
Oct 20, 2011
This recipe turned out great! I had udon noodles on hand, so I used those. The sauce had a great, tangy flavor.
Mar 22, 2011
Very good, I didn't have the nuts but it turns out great!! It tasted like it was made from an Asian restaurant! :)
Jan 27, 2010
I didn't use pineapple or cashews, next time will add more veggies and make a little bit more sauce...very delicious!