Crab Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, green pepper, broccoli and mushrooms in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, water and soy sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with crab mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jul 16, 2012
Tasty and easy
Jun 27, 2012
This is one of the best lo mein recipes I have found. I have done this recipe substituting shrimp or chicken. I usually add some julienne carrots and water chestnuts.
May 24, 2012
I have made this many times and always a hit with the family,a plus that it's so fast and easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.