Quick Chicken Lo Mein
I can throw this chicken lo mein together on a weeknight when my kids are doing their homework. It uses frozen veggies, which I always have on hand, so I don't need to run to the grocery store for ingredients. —Natasha Kennedy, Orlando, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncoooked linguine
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook garlic in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. Whisk in stock, soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, lime juice and chili sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and sauce; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with chicken mixture. Top with green onions, if desired.
Mar 22, 2020
I LOVE this easy dish! It has a lot of flavor but very simple to make. I opted for using gluten-free rice noodles instead of linguine but it worked great. Keeping this recipe on hand!