Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Toss beef with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from a ramen seasoning packet (discard remaining opened packet). In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- In a saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add noodles and contents of the unopened seasoning packet; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry asparagus with garlic until crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 511 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1367mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 4, 2018
Overall really good, however the hoisin got to be a little too sweet. Will try it again maybe by adding Soy Sauce or Stir fry sauce with the hoisin to tone it down a little.
Apr 3, 2018
Thanks to some helpful reviews I was able to make a healthier version of this recipe. I discarded the seasoning packet and used Au Jus to cook the noodles in. I also added some sliced carrots for extra points. Layer by layer this recipe came together in a flash using just one skillet. For the meat I used left over Prime Rib. Super easy and super tasty.Taste Of Home VFE
Feb 23, 2018
I was worried that the meat would end up tough and chewy as it has for other stir-fries I've done; however, it turned out quite tender-Yay!! This meal came together like a 30-Minute Meal, which is beneficial since I work a stressful full-time job. Overall, we liked it quite a lot. I thought the hoisin sauce from my store was a bit too sweet. I also added about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper to bring up the spice factor. Made a very attractive presentation on a large platter.
Oct 11, 2014
Me and my husband liked it, but the kids thought the sauce on the mixture wasn't good (they are 3 and 7, so they have picky taste buds). I only used on pack of ramen, and that was plenty for us.
Feb 1, 2014
quick and easy, will make again
Nov 21, 2013
This was an awesome dish hubby and kids loved it will definitely make again...butIt's not hard to understand ladies use 1/2 tsp of one packet then throw away....THEN...use the other packet for the rest of the recipe just read it carefully
Jun 10, 2012
My husband really likes this dish. I make it with brocolli and it turns out really good.
Oct 4, 2011
I really liked this dish and will definitely make again. I served it with egg rolls.
Sep 21, 2008
Whenever I fix Ramen soup, I only use about half of the seasoning packet because it's so full of salt. Try it, it's just fine without the whole packet.
May 2, 2008
check out my reply to your query. I hope it helps
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.