Asparagus Beef Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound beef tenderloin or top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Toss beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute beef 2 minutes. Add garlic and green onion; cook and stir until beef is browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute asparagus and mushrooms until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add beef, soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through, tossing to combine. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups beef mixture: 328 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2019
I thought this was very good. I used filet mignon and seasoned it with Montreal steak seasoning, used more onions and garlic and soy sauce. I would say don't measure just add as much as you want.
Jul 28, 2018
I did season the meat more and the sauce, but other than that, really good meal!
Jun 28, 2018
More broth, more mushrooms, more onion - I put in more of everything because I just can’t help myself! But then again, we’ve eaten this many times and know how we like it. Yummy recipe!
May 10, 2018
Super good! I did change the sauce as it seemed a bit bland and there wasn't enough of it. I added some grated ginger root. I had a smidgen of leftover bottled garlic stirfry sauce I added. Next time I will double the sauce and add the ginger root again. It really improved the taste. Otherwise this was so good. We will be having this again and again.
Dec 22, 2016
Not sure why so many 5-star reviews. I thought this was bland and it had no sauce. I did like that it was simple with few steps, but with all the chopping it definitely took longer than 30 minutes. I might try it again but I'd modify it to add a zesty stir-fry sauce next time.
Mar 8, 2016
Wonderful recipe. Followed the recipe except: no mushrooms but I think they would be wonderful. Added a minced jalape?o, and a dollop of chili garlic sauce at the end because we love spicy. Served over brown jasmine rice, and it was great. Side dish was cakes with salt and rice wine vinegar.
Feb 1, 2016
This is a very quick, tasty recipe. I will add more green onion to this next time and be a little heavier handed with the seasonings. Great for a weekday meal or even lunch.
Dec 17, 2014
Pretty great recipe. I added a bit of powdered garlic and used coconut oil for the asparagus-- it still came out delicious, but I'd opt for a different oil next time.
Aug 23, 2014
It was a big hit with my grandkids!! This is a keeper!
Jun 17, 2014
My son's favourite stir fry....its a keeper.