Asparagus Beef Teriyaki
This simple, savory dish is made in the time it takes to steam a pot of rice. About 20 minutes and—boom!—your easy stir-fry is done. —Kari Shifflett, Lake Mills, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Soy sauce, optional
- Sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl, mix teriyaki marinade, water, cornstarch and pepper until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry onion, green pepper, red pepper and asparagus in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until vegetables are crisp-tender 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice and if desired, soy sauce and top sesame seeds.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2 cups stir-fry with 3/4 cup rice: 444 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1266mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Teriyaki Stir Fry in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.