Teriyaki Beef Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger beer, teriyaki sauce, garlic and sesame seeds; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup stew: 310 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 7, 2019
Enjoyed this recipe. Substituted the peas for carrot, and added them earlier in the cook time. I'm the only person in the house that likes peas, so they had to go.
Mar 31, 2017
I made this last night. It was good. The sauce really needs to be doubled. I will be making this again. The kids even liked it.
Oct 22, 2015
So nice to find something else to use stew meat in. Quick, easy and tasty. Only thing I would change is doubling on the sauce.
Jan 22, 2015
This recipe just didn't work for me. The meat was dry, it needed flavor and the sauce never thickened.
Nov 27, 2013
This was a wonderfully tasty stew. I didn't have a ginger beer but, I did have a pumpkin ale that I used instead. I served it over rice and my son and husband loved it. The meat was so tender and the asian seasonings were delicious.