Teriyaki Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), halved
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Add roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork: 247 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 19, 2018
Although the recipe is super easy, I will not bother making again. The sauce was just okay, nothing outstanding about it. If I made it again, I would add some sherry wine to the sauce to give it some depth.
Dec 13, 2017
Great recipe! Slow cooking is great but it can be made a lot healthier. Instead of a crockpot, I used MEC pure clay pot for this recipe. It cooked a lot faster and the flavor was all natural and enhanced. You should try that and I promise you'd never cook in a crockpot again.
Feb 1, 2017
I have made this before and now I remember why it wasn't included in my 'favorites' when I made it again recently. I followed the directions exactly and I end up with 3 pounds of very dry pork. No amount of sauce will help.
Apr 7, 2016
This turned out very well. It was moist and tender. The family liked it. It smelled really good as it cooked, but the flavor was not overpowering. I'll make it again.
Apr 1, 2015
I usually just use bottled teriyaki sauce. As one of my dear friends would say "this was really quite nice". That is high praise. The only change I made was to use Splenda rather than real sugar. For my husband and I, we now have three more meals to look forward to.
Sep 25, 2013
I tried just using teriyaki sauce from a bottle when I was in a hurry but this was better. I used orange juice and liked the taste.
Sep 2, 2013
Very good. My family really likes this and so do I as it is so easy to put in and come home to a great meal.
Mar 5, 2012
Everyone loves this recipe. I use 2 pork tenderloins instead of a roast. I've also used orange juice when I didn't have apple juice available, with great results. One of my all-time favorite slow-cooker recipes.
May 15, 2009
This is my favorite pork roast. Everytime I make it people love it! Patty
Mar 21, 2008
This is very good. Just what I was looking for, good flavor