Tasty Turkey and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add turkey; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add the broth, tomato paste, mushrooms and salt to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Return turkey to the pan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2014
Delicious...I changed it a bit. I didn't have 2 cups of mushrooms so I added two small red skinned potatoes and two hand fulls of broccoli. Turned out really good. Definitely worth doing again.
Dec 22, 2011
I think next time I will cut the turkey up into small pieces but otherwise this is wonderful!
Mar 12, 2011
I sauteed the garlic in olive oil, with a little butter, then I used chicken tenders in place of the turkey, since I didn't have any, removed and the cooked the mushrooms until they browned not turning, then added the broth etc, the only other thing I changed was add half the tomato paste. My husbandjust loved it, he's a great fan of sauces.will definitely do again.
Jan 11, 2010
I liked this dish. I used olive oil instead of butter to saute the garlic. The only thing I would change in the future would be to saute the mushrooms before adding the broth. Cooking the mushrooms in the broth took a lot longer. I think it would be quicker to saute the mushrooms, then when they are tender, add the tomato paste and broth. I think it will cut down on the broth a bit as well. I found it to be too runny and added some cornstarch to thicken it up a bit. With the changes listed, I will be making this again.