Tasty Turkey Sub
This sub makes a delicious warm-weather main dish minutes!—Steven Scott, Cameron, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound smoked or cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 tomato slices (1/4 inch thick)
- Shredded lettuce
- Halve bread lengthwise. Spread blue cheese dressing on cut side of top of bread. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on cut side of bottom of bread. Layer with turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato and lettuce. Cover with top half of bread. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 580 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1576mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Tasty Turkey Sub in Taste of Home August/September 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.