Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (about 1 pound) French bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 12 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and basil. Cut French bread horizontally in half; spread cut surfaces with mayonnaise mixture.
- Layer bottom half of bread with turkey, cheese, apple and bacon; replace top of bread. Cut into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 524 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the flavors with this sandwich. Very good!
Mar 5, 2017
Used leftover turkey I had stashed in the freezer. We don't eat mayo, so combined the basil with greek yogurt. Great lunch, will definitely make them again.
Nov 24, 2015
Great sandwich. I couldn't really taste the apples, so I might have sliced to thin. the hubby really liked the mayo-basil spread. I did also add ham, so that I could use up what we had in the fridge. Very easy and fast to make.
Oct 15, 2015
The apples added a great flavor and crunch to the sub! I never would have thought of adding apples before. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me. It helped me get dinner on the table in a jiffy!