Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (about 1 pound) French bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 12 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and basil. Cut French bread horizontally in half; spread cut surfaces with mayonnaise mixture.
- Layer bottom half of bread with turkey, cheese, apple and bacon; replace top of bread. Cut into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 524 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
May 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the flavors with this sandwich. Very good!
Mar 5, 2017
Used leftover turkey I had stashed in the freezer. We don't eat mayo, so combined the basil with greek yogurt. Great lunch, will definitely make them again.
Nov 24, 2015
Great sandwich. I couldn't really taste the apples, so I might have sliced to thin. the hubby really liked the mayo-basil spread. I did also add ham, so that I could use up what we had in the fridge. Very easy and fast to make.
Oct 15, 2015
The apples added a great flavor and crunch to the sub! I never would have thought of adding apples before. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me. It helped me get dinner on the table in a jiffy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.