Pork Chops & Mushrooms
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe years ago, and I have used it ever since. My family loves the sweetness with a little kick.—Hilary Rigo, Wickenburg, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and white pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add wine, tarragon and remaining salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chops to pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup mushrooms: 299 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.