Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 to 8 cups watercress or torn romaine
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 4 medium apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together first four ingredients.
- Place watercress on a platter; top with carrot, tomatoes, turkey and apples. Drizzle with dressing; top with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Oct 5, 2009
This salad is great! Definitely make this with Thanksgiving leftovers as a delicious, light sequel to the big dinner. When I don't have leftover turkey, I buy precooked chicken strips in the supermarket. This is terrific in the summer too for lunch or dinner! I've given out the recipe several times.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.