Turkey, Gouda & Apple Tea Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 24 very thin slices white bread, crusts removed
- 12 slices deli turkey
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 12 thin slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place mayonnaise and cranberry sauce in a small food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spread over each bread slice.
- Layer the turkey, apples, cheese and spinach over each of 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 258 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Sep 29, 2017
I prefer mustard over mayo, so I made a cranberry mustard with stone ground mustard instead of the mayonnaise. This would be a great sandwich recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers!
Jun 10, 2016
I love the cranberry sauce but I would make the filling thinner since these are supposed to be tea sandwiches. Great flavors!
Aug 22, 2015
Pretty good sandwiches. I don't really like cranberry sauce, so I just cut it out.