Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 cup broth, lemon juice and dried basil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and shrimp; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 429 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 18, 2014
Apr 7, 2014
I loved it. I used cooked shrimp and added it in last to warm up. I added extra Feta cheese as I love it. Very easy to make.
Mar 4, 2014
Nice and easy to make. Does not re-heat well.
Jul 17, 2012
Very good! My whole family enjoyed it, even my 4 year old and my very picky 2 year old! My husband doesn't like feta cheese, but I used just a little on his portion and got no complaints! I'll be making this again and again!
Jul 4, 2012
Amazing flavor, light and great for warm summer evening. Followed recipe exactly.
Apr 13, 2012
One of the best shrimp dishes I've had so far!
Jul 9, 2011
I just love recipes like this, fresh and healthy ingredients. Hubby doesn't care for feta cheese, but easy enuf to leave it off of his. I liked everything about this one.
Jul 9, 2011
I just love recipes like this... fresh and healthy ingredients. Hubby doesn't like feta, so i left it off of his, but i like everything about this one.
Apr 12, 2011
Apr 11, 2011
wonderful and easy! Even my picky family raved.