Southwest Skillet Corn
"This colorful stir-fried side complements any Mexican menu nicely," says Marilyn Smudzinski of Peru, Illinois.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and jalapeno in butter until tender. Add cumin; cook for 30 seconds. Add corn and cilantro; saute 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.