Skillet Steak and Corn
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet cook the steak, onion and thyme over medium-high heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Add corn and heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 386 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Apr 28, 2017
Easy fast good flavor. Great meal for week night!
Aug 22, 2013
I tried this years ago when the recipe was first printed. My family LOVES this. We'll add an extra can of tomatoes and its still delicious.
Jul 10, 2012
Quick, simple, easy and tasty. I make this regularly.
Jun 29, 2010
Meat nice and tender, flavors subtle...we thought it was fine, just didn't think it was anything special. I also thought it was better without the rice.
Aug 16, 2008
one of my favorite recipes of all time .
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.