Pizza Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and mushrooms; heat through.
- Drain noodles. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, beef mixture, cheeses and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 669 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1825mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Nov 14, 2019
Made with a few changes that others had noted in the review. Delicious!
Mar 13, 2019
Great recipe! The only thing I changed is to add Italian sausage instead of burger. Yum!!
Mar 7, 2019
Amazing! Also, is a great make ahead and freezer friendly meal. The only changes I made were leaving out the mushrooms (Just because I’m not a fan), and using Bow ties instead of egg noodles because I had them on hand. I love pepperoni anything and this dish lived up to the high expectations that I had.
Jan 17, 2019
Simply an easy and delicious dish! Perfect for weeknights and a family favorite! Budget-friendly too!
Nov 8, 2017
Pretty good. I halved this, and made it in a 8x8 dish. I baked it for about 16 mins, and I think it still needed to bake longer. Good recipe to play around with the ingredients.
Aug 7, 2014
i made this dish yesterday but without the pepperoni and the all family loved it
Apr 23, 2014
This was o.k. I would have preferred it without pepperoni.
Feb 24, 2014
Great recipe! I added some garlic and Italian seasoning for more flavor. This is a very versatile recipe that can be suited to your family's tastes. My picky kids loved it so I will definitely keep this in the rotation.
Nov 24, 2013
Made recipe to a T, simply awesome. From the kids to adults, a family favorite!
Nov 11, 2013
I've tried a lot of baked pasta recipes, and so far this is my favorite. I think it's because it's easy to spice differently to match the cook's and family's taste, and it is really good as leftovers as well. I also like that it's incredibly cheap to make. I only had to buy the pepperoni and the onion and pepper, so it cost me less than 5 bucks. I like to make it on Sunday evening so I can stick it in my Rubbermaid containers and bring it to work all week. Also, my picky 4-year-old munchkin will eat it, so that's another plus.