Pizza Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and mushrooms; heat through.
- Drain noodles. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, beef mixture, cheeses and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 669 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1825mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 13, 2019
Great recipe! The only thing I changed is to add Italian sausage instead of burger. Yum!!
Mar 7, 2019
Amazing! Also, is a great make ahead and freezer friendly meal. The only changes I made were leaving out the mushrooms (Just because I’m not a fan), and using Bow ties instead of egg noodles because I had them on hand. I love pepperoni anything and this dish lived up to the high expectations that I had.
Jan 17, 2019
Simply an easy and delicious dish! Perfect for weeknights and a family favorite! Budget-friendly too!
Nov 8, 2017
Pretty good. I halved this, and made it in a 8x8 dish. I baked it for about 16 mins, and I think it still needed to bake longer. Good recipe to play around with the ingredients.
Aug 7, 2014
i made this dish yesterday but without the pepperoni and the all family loved it
Apr 23, 2014
This was o.k. I would have preferred it without pepperoni.
Feb 24, 2014
Great recipe! I added some garlic and Italian seasoning for more flavor. This is a very versatile recipe that can be suited to your family's tastes. My picky kids loved it so I will definitely keep this in the rotation.
Nov 24, 2013
Made recipe to a T, simply awesome. From the kids to adults, a family favorite!
Nov 11, 2013
I've tried a lot of baked pasta recipes, and so far this is my favorite. I think it's because it's easy to spice differently to match the cook's and family's taste, and it is really good as leftovers as well. I also like that it's incredibly cheap to make. I only had to buy the pepperoni and the onion and pepper, so it cost me less than 5 bucks. I like to make it on Sunday evening so I can stick it in my Rubbermaid containers and bring it to work all week. Also, my picky 4-year-old munchkin will eat it, so that's another plus.
Oct 18, 2013
Enjoyed the meal however spices were lacking. I prefer garlic pepper and italian seasoning. Spice to taste made this the perfect evening meal. Garlic bread too!