Beef Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables or 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, vegetables and seasonings. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes to until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 144 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
May 26, 2015
Delicious! I cut down on the salt and it was still good.
Mar 5, 2014
Delicious and easy. I used vegetable broth because I didn't have beef broth, I also added some beef bouillon, and used frozen corn, beans, and carrots.
May 3, 2011
This is the easiest soup recipe & really tastes great!
Jan 15, 2010
Aug 23, 2009
This is a really yummy recipe! I prefer to use either fresh or frozen veggies, and I let it cook longer, because after making it a couple of times, I decided that it tasted better after cooking for a longer time. I serve this with biscuits or cornbread. This is great on a cool or cold day!
Aug 15, 2009
Sounds good and I'll probably try it when the summer temps cool down. But I think I'll use mixed frozen veggies rather than the canned. I'll let you know how it turns out.