Beef Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables or 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, vegetables and seasonings. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes to until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 144 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 26, 2015
Delicious! I cut down on the salt and it was still good.
Mar 5, 2014
Delicious and easy. I used vegetable broth because I didn't have beef broth, I also added some beef bouillon, and used frozen corn, beans, and carrots.
May 3, 2011
This is the easiest soup recipe & really tastes great!
Jan 15, 2010
Aug 23, 2009
This is a really yummy recipe! I prefer to use either fresh or frozen veggies, and I let it cook longer, because after making it a couple of times, I decided that it tasted better after cooking for a longer time. I serve this with biscuits or cornbread. This is great on a cool or cold day!
Aug 15, 2009
Sounds good and I'll probably try it when the summer temps cool down. But I think I'll use mixed frozen veggies rather than the canned. I'll let you know how it turns out.