Hamburger Macaroni Casserole
Working full-time and attending school part-time leaves me little time for fancy meals. My family enjoys hearty helpings of this casserole, alongside a salad, bread and dessert.—Dawn Farris, Pekin, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, combine cheese and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and cayenne; remove from the heat.
- Drain macaroni and stir into beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 396 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Hamburger Hot Dish in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.