Harvest Hamburger Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the onion, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Layer with the potatoes, flour, corn, lima beans and green pepper. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 314 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2013
Since it's just the two of us, I made 1/2 the recipe. We don't like tomatoes so I used tomato sauce, garden sweet potatoes, and yellow pepper that I had on hand. This would be good with bread. HD said it was interesting because it contained everything - he loves lima beans.
May 23, 2012
This recipe is really good. I didn't use Lima beans and diced the potatoes instead of slicing them. I will definitely be making this again soon.
Mar 17, 2011
my whole family loves this recipe. a few dislike the lima beans so sometimes i leave them out. this makes a nice size casserole and with only 3 in the house there are still no leftovers. the flavors work great together and apart from the long cook time, it comes together quite easy. i have shared this with my mother and she didn't have any leftovers either. definitely one to pass down to future generations. thanks for this amazing recipe :)
Feb 17, 2010
This is one of those recipes that our family ate but didn't care that much for. It just wasn't that great. It seemed to be lacking in taste.
Sep 19, 2009
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe!
Sep 17, 2008
This has become one of our favorites on those cool autumn evenings. It is so good!