Soy-Ginger Grilled Swordfish
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds swordfish steak
- In small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, parsley, lemon juice, ketchup, ginger, oregano and pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons mixture for basting.
- Stir oil and garlic into remaining mixture. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill fish, covered, over high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque, basting occasionally with reserved orange juice mixture.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 178 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Jul 26, 2011
I don't cook fish very often, but I'm going to add this dish to my favorites. It's very easy to prepare, and I usually have all the ingredients but the swordfish on hand. It turned out moist and flavorful. I used orange juice concentrate.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.