Ginger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium honeydew melon, cut into 2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Thread honeydew onto 6 metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with half the glaze.
- On a lightly oiled rack, grill honeydew, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat just until melon begins to soften and brown, 4-6 minutes, turning and basting frequently with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 101 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
May 26, 2010
I haven't tried making this yet, but I would try it with under-ripe melon, to prolong the cooking time, and baste the melon with the sauce.
Jul 22, 2008
While I really liked the flavor combination of the glaze and the honeydew, I have not been able to successfully execute this dish. On the grill, the glaze basically ran off the melon into the fire. I tried it again in a non-stick skillet and the melon became mushy.