Contest-Winning Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 16 slices Colby-Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese, divided
- 8 slices deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Garlic salt, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On four slices of bread, layer two slices of cheese, two slices of beef and a fourth of the vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and bread.
- Butter outside of bread; sprinkle with garlic salt if desired. On a hot griddle or large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 825 calories, 60g fat (32g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 1540mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
May 27, 2019
Everyone loved it! It's A Keeper!!
Sep 8, 2012
Not bad, but for some reason some of these flavors didn't appeal to me. It was either the roast beef or the Swiss. Just personal preference. I don't think I'll want to eat it again.
Oct 22, 2011
Excellent recipe and so easy to make. Will make again.
Mar 23, 2009
Works great in a pinnini maker. A real husband pleaser.
Feb 20, 2009
These quickly became a family favorite for us. One of the best sandwiches ever!